[G4] 2 Macs- internet help

Richard Meyeroff rem at meyeroff-c-c.com
Tue Dec 26 18:09:39 PST 2006

>Hi, smart people. I have a G4 AGP 466, upgraded to 800 and I just
>bought a used 1Ghz G4 Quicksilver 2002 that has a gigabase network
>card in it, whatever that means.  Neither computer has an airport
>card.  We have a DSL Speedstream 5200 modem. I want both computers
>to be able to go online.

You need a Router/Switch.  Ethernet cables.

The router/switch gets cabeled to the Cable modem with an ethernet
cable and the computer are cabled to the switch portion of the router
Switch.

Netgear
http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WiredRouters.aspx
RP614
Linksys http://www.linksys.com  BEFSR41
and others makewhat is needed

>Could someone please tell me exactly what I need to buy  (router?
>adapter,?  What kind, what is good for 2 Macs etc etc ( in simple
>terminology, as I know nothing about networking.  The 2 computers
>would be about 50 feet apart, in separate rooms.
>
>Thank you very much,
>
>Roxylee

>Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

Have a Happy and Enjoy

Richard E. Meyeroff
Meyeroff Computer Consultants
410-258-7503
Richard at Meyeroff-C-C.com
Member  Apple Consultants Network  ACHDS

The Answer to your Computer Questions & Needs