[G4] 2 Macs- internet help

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue Dec 26 20:15:37 PST 2006

Greetings ( + )!( + )

That's good advice Richard, however Roxylee said that she has a DSL
modem, and not all DSL modems have an ethernet connection, or should I
say that when the ISP configured the connection they may not have use
the ethernet port.

So before your advice can have any relevance Roxylee will need to
verify that the DSL modem being used is configured for ethernet.

On Dec 26, 2006, at 6:09 PM, Richard Meyeroff wrote:

> You need a Router/Switch.  Ethernet cables.
>
> The router/switch gets cabled to the Cable modem with an ethernet
> cable and the computer are cabled to the switch portion of the router
> Switch.
>
> Netgear
> http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WiredRouters.aspx
> RP614
> Linksys http://www.linksys.com  BEFSR41
> and others make what is needed
>

>>  Could someone please tell me exactly what I need to buy  (router?
>> adapter,?  What kind, what is good for 2 Macs etc etc ( in simple
>> terminology, as I know nothing about networking.  The 2 computers
>> would be about 50 feet apart, in separate rooms.
>>
>>  Thank you very much,
>>
>>  Roxylee

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC

Greetings ( + )!( + )