[G4] 2 Macs- internet help

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Wed Dec 27 04:33:39 PST 2006

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Roxylee if you will access the link below you will receive a copy of
the Speedstream modem 5100, 5200, 5400 and 5500 installation manual.

It will provide you with full details about setting up the modem and
connection it to either a direct or router, whether it be a wireless or
hard-wire unit. The document will also provide you with information how
to access the modem and trouble-shoot should you have problems.

http://www2.windstream.net/downloads/links/SpeedStream211.pdf
On Dec 26, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Roxylee wrote:

> Hi, smart people. I have a G4 AGP 466, upgraded to 800 and I just
> bought a used 1Ghz G4 Quicksilver 2002 that has a gigabase network
> card in it, whatever that means.  Neither computer has an airport
> card.  We have a DSL Speedstream 5200 modem. I want both computers to
> be able to go online.
>
> Could someone please tell me exactly what I need to buy  (router?
> adapter,?  What kind, what is good for 2 Macs etc etc ( in simple
> terminology, as I know nothing about networking.  The 2 computers
> would be about 50 feet apart, in separate rooms.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Roxylee

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC