[G4] G4 Dual 867 MDD

Jim Davis nomorebush at mac.com
Wed Dec 27 05:19:28 PST 2006

Hi all.
My MDD is not powering up.  When I hit the power button, it glows while my finger is on it, but nothing more transpires.  I recently had some electrical work done, and the main juice was turned off & on.  The computer is connected to AC through a Monster Power HTS5000 Surge Suppressor/EMI/RFI noise reduction unit, so it should have been shielded from the majority of the surge from turning the main electrical service on & off.
This is certainly a lesson in unplugging your equipment when turning main electrical service on & off, regardless of the quality of your surge suppression equipment.  I was not home to do that this time around. But at any rate- anyone have any suggestions?  In the past, just leaving it unplugged for a few days to discharge the unit completely has solved this problem. (It has happened before).  This time that does not seem to be working.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Jim.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe that they are free. - Goethe.