[G4] optical drive

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Thu Dec 28 01:48:55 PST 2006

On 27 December, 2006, at 12:18:59, dapper dan wrote:

> if my optical drive does not accept cds/dvds, is it possible an
> internal cord has become disconnected?it seems like it has no power.

It might be of some help to us trying to help you if you gave a more
detailed description of your equipment (model, OS version, etc) and
how your problem manifests itself.

You say your drive does not accept discs. What exactly is the
problem? Does it not close properly, or close and then immediately re-
open and give back the disc? Or, does the disc simply not show up on
the desktop? Each problem will have a different resolution, so we
need more info, please.