[G4] PCI and AGP expansion slots.

Rick Smykla rsmykla at verizon.net
Fri Dec 29 11:25:54 PST 2006

Patrick,

For what it's worth, every PCI USB 1.1 adapter card that I've tried
(in every G4 I've tried them in), have worked without regard to
manufacturer. USB 2 cards that are compatible with OS X are more of a
mixed bag; many are recognized, but may only operate at slower
speeds. Check for OS compatibility before shelling out your money.

As to graphics cards, those absolutely must have compatible driver
software to work in a Mac. Some older PCI cards can be ROM-flashed
for OS X-compatibility, but preferably you'll want an AGP card
specifically designed for the Mac, e.g., one of ATI's "Mac Edition"
cards.  <http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/> is a good place to look for
reports on specific graphic card/machine configuations.

HTH,
Rick