[G4] Re: {G4} PCI and AGP expansion slots

Thomas Carley tthomcarl at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 29 15:44:14 PST 2006

I recently purchased a USB card from Comp USA for under $35 (U.S.) it
has 5 external USB ports and 1 internal.
It works fine in my daughters AGP G4, has a CD with it to install
needed drivers.   As far as video cards go I purchased an ATI Radeon
9800 Pro special addition (256 megs of ram, works at 2X or 4X speed
on G4 towers) for my 2001 Quicksilver, it is however pricey at $238
(U.S.).  Other World Computing has several Video cards listed, you
can also Google it by searching  for (AGP video cards Power Mac G4),
EBay is another source for used video cards, if you want to save
bucks, however you take a chance using EBay.  OWC has a nice parts
finder on their site that lets you enter mac model and select what
your interested in, Memory, drives, CPU's, Video cards ect.  it then
gives you the parts that they have,  hope this helps a little.

Thomcarl  (MacFhearghaile) Snowed bound in the Rockies at 8500 ft.