[G4] Photo Archiving

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Mon Feb 6 11:40:20 PST 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 4:35 AM, Frank Sudore wrote:

> Anne,
> The photo's are all stored in the Library. What you moved was the
> "Albums" I-photo's file system is a little complicated. What I have
> done is mad a folder (On a separate drive) called "archive". I  then
> export to that folder, (And make sure they are there and open OK).
> Then delete from the library. The downfall is you have to remember
> that those photo's are there. I do think there is a way I-photo stores
> a thumbnail so you still can view. I just have not taken the time to
> READ THE MANUEL like everyone else : ).
> Hope this helps,
> Frank

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Just remember that you can move your current file to the trash (without
deleting them) which will make them unavailable to the iPhoto
application and then try opening your pictures before deleting them
from the trash.

I moved my iTunes file to a different drive some time ago and deleted
the file that was originally used, OOPS the file on the other drive
turned out to be only a link back to the original file, which was not
deleted. Fortunately there wasn't a lot of "Tunes" in the file and the
only ones that were purchased were ones that were for my granddaughter
and she had already moved them from her iPod to her wintel. We learned
a lesson there, since the iPod had been initialized on the Mac, nothing
worked when she connected it to the PC. We found out that if you do the
original initialization on the PC then the Mac can work with that
format, however the PC can't work with the Mac format.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.