[G4] Video ports

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 11:46:22 PST 2006

Hmmmm, that's interesting. When I used two monitors in extended desktop mode
on my 8600 using the built in video and a PCI video card, I had everything
turned on except the computer itself and then turned the computer on, and all
worked well. Do I have to do this new step because of OSX, using one video card
to drive both monitors or some other such reason?

This does bring me to another question. Is it even possible to use two AGP
video cards in my MDD? (I do have a fast AGP Radeon card that I bought,
installed, and then took out again as my machine didn't seem any faster and was much
louder) Is there any good reason to pull the PCI card out of my 8600 and use it
to drive the second, (or third!) monitor with it, instead of two off the 4MX
card?

STeve

<< Hi Steve, you can use the two monitors together either as mirror or
as an extended desktop. You have to start with the 2 monitors turned
off and then wait 3 seconds after the chime sounds turn on the
monitor plugged on the ADC, wait another 4 seconds and then tun on
the one connected to the VGA port. >>