[G4] SCSI adapter for scanner and running on OSX

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 11 23:36:41 PST 2006

Buy a new scanner.  Umax stopped supporting all their scanners about 7
years ago - as soon as their licensing ran out.  The biggest problem
with the scanner is not the SCSI connection, but rather the lack of
drivers.

The SCSI card is about $60 - $70 but the scanner driver (VueScan) is
another $50 - $90.  A new USB scanner is only $60 - $80 and there are
probably some that are even cheaper - look for a sale.

Sounds ridiculous because your Umax scanner would last another 20
years, but with absolutely no support from the manufacturer it is
useless.  I will never personally deal with Umax again, as they totally
abandoned the Mac market and their customers the moment they could no
longer sell new hardware.  They had an interest only for the fast
money.

jj

On 11-Feb-06, at 4:41 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com