[G4] Scsi with OSX????????

Steve Jensen sjensen at photodynamik.com
Sun Feb 12 09:56:46 PST 2006

Hi Folks,
Does anyone out there know  the divine answers to the Mystery of SCSI in
OSX. I still have a number of scsi devices, scanners and several drives.
They work just fine in OSX. However, I have a high end (read expensive)
studio camera, an Imacon, that connects via scsi and refuses to run under
OSX , the software will not recognize the camera. It will not work in
classic either.  If I restart in OS 9, all works.  Any suggestions??

Btw, Imacon's tech support  seems as confused as I am. One suggestion was to
use a scsi - firewire converter. Any comments on these devices?

The Mac on which this mess resides:
Digital Audio Dual 533
OSX.3.9
1.5 Gb ram