[G4] G5 & Tiger Installation

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Mon Feb 13 02:01:56 PST 2006

You forgot to tell us what G5 model you bought. We're pretty much in
the dark until you say what hardware you are dealing with. I have had
Panther and Tiger running on a dual 2 and a dual 2.5 no problem.
Sounds like you have a bad optical drive - Superdrive - not so Super
though.

Yes G5 list is hosted by the same fine people at macintosh guy:

G5 mailing list
<G5 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

Join here:

Plain truth? If you can afford it and haven't yet pulled the trigger,
buy a Quad. If not Buy a Dual 2.7 or 2.5 GHz G5. the rest are much
weaker and not worth paying a little less for.
--
Taylor Barcroft
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Podcaster, Futurecaster