[G4] OT: Advice concerning software legalities

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Wed Feb 15 01:08:15 PST 2006

Hi All,

You have all been helpful in the past. I hope someone can help me now. The
short story is that I bought a Mac with software installed on it. I don't buy
illegal or pirated software. The ad clearly indicated the software was legal.
Being the nice guy I am, she was able to drag things out via e-mail till it was
too late to do anything through either eBay or PayPal or my credit card.

So, now I'm faced with either removing the software (I haven't done this yet
because 1- I don't know how to do this in OSX and am scared I'll screw up it
all up and 2- I hope to just get the software anyway, and 3-I don't use any of
it yet cuz I have no manuals) or buying replacement software.

I've seen Student/Teacher versions, upgrade versions, older (supposedly good)
versions with upgrade versions in the same box, etc. I now have a number of
questions concerning what is my best way to go from here. I don't want to take
up list space, so if you would rather help me off list, please do so. Oh, and
if anyone can tell me how to list the three items on the SwapList that I may
need to buy, I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanx
STeve