[G4] Disk Utility internal error..

Jose Vittori josegvittori at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 16 12:49:45 PST 2006

Hi guys,
I wanted to run Disk Utility the other day just to repair any
permission that might need a repair. I couldn't even get them verified
because after a few seconds it started to run would stop showing the
following message:
Disk Utility internal error
Disk Utility has lost its connection with the Disk Management Tool and
cannot continue. Please quit and relaunch Disk Utility.
I've been looking for articules about it and got nothing, I hope
somebody can help me out with this. I must say that I eventually could
run the Tech Tool Pro 4 from a e-Drive and there was no problem,
tested, maintained and defraged, but when I got to Disk Utility again
from HD found the same answer. I don't know if it's serious or not, the
system "sings" though.

My Mac:
Hardware Overview:

   Machine Model:	Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics)
   CPU Type:	PowerPC G4  (2.7)
   Number Of CPUs:	1
   CPU Speed:	450 MHz
   L2 Cache (per CPU):	1 MB