[G4] G4 w/DVD RAM/ROM drive?

Thomas J. Fobia tom578 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Feb 20 06:23:39 PST 2006

Hello All,
   I have a nephew who bought a G4 (450mhz) off ebay recently. It has a
DVD Ram or Rom drive (optical) and he wants to upgrade the OSX
(currently 10.1.5) to 10.4! If he purchase this (PANTHER) from apple or
another source, will he be able to install from this type of optical
drive? He cant play a normal (movie) dvd so I suspect he will have
problem with installation since the 10.4 I recently bought comes on a
DVD disk. Anyone out there fimiliar with this type (dvd Rom/Ram) of
drive? Could he install a Pioneer 109 or 110 without making things worse?

Thanks for your feedback on this problem!

Tom