[G4] iMovie and iDVD

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 23 17:19:11 PST 2006

Hi all -

My Dad has a iMac G4 with 60GB HD and 512MB RAM. We have 1.5 hrs. video
footage to make into a DVD, but neither of us has done this before. I
checked with a friend about how much footage would import at one swoop,
and he said that amount would be ok. We also consulted Robin Williams'
book, Missing Manual and Mac OSX for dummies for directions.

One other thing: Dad has OS10.1 and I haven't been able to get him to
upgrade! Maybe some of this is due to that ... Also, all versions of
iMovie and iDVD are from that era also - it is iDVD2 tho.

We imported the footage into iMovie and exported as DVD. It has been
six hours and it says 19 hours to go? Any ideas? Initially said it
would be 300 minutes.

We did a successful experiment with a 1-minute clip and took that .mov
file into iDVD and successfully burned a disk which played on the DVD
player. So it must be too much footage?

Any ideas?

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design