[G4] Bandwith dropped

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Sat Feb 25 22:45:32 PST 2006

On Feb 25, 2006, at 9:32 AM, James Pacyga wrote:

> you can also go to the Apple site and download the Apple Broadband
> Tuner 1.0. This might help improve the frame sizes and allow you to
> get more out of your G4.  I have run it on my machines and it did
> help somewhat...

Note that this application tunes your system for high speed HIGH
LATENCY networks, think satellite internet, and is not appropriate
for cable or DSL services.

Networking in general and TCP/IP specifically are very complicated
stuff. Most of the advice given by folks on the net about TCP/IP
tuning is complete nonsense. If you want to learn about cable and DSL
tuning from an expert see this site: http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/.
John Navas is one of the few people who really know what they're
talking about when it comes to tuning TCP/IP.

Phil
--
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the
system, but too early to shoot the bastards."