[G4] Re: Bandwith dropped

Michael G-2 at att.net
Sat Feb 25 10:54:43 PST 2006

OK...some advice...A 'private-sent-clue'

"Try System Preferences/Network/Built-in Ethernet/Configure/Configure
IPv6 and Select 'OFF'.
This fixes a delay that was introduced with the latest OS X update on
some machines, but I've also seen it fix network speed issues in earlier
versions of the OS. Worth a try."

--------

Yes, I did that...and more - - - (It actually droped me my a MB\s....

I even set up a 'new-test' NET (non 'WORKGROUP connection).
Yeah, throwing the IPv6 'OFF' (in various configs...w/w/ out DHCP
tinkering or in the new TEST connection...Yeah, I used every option in
the settings...

Still I'm stuck with way less than I had..and way less than the XP on
the same router. (All within the last 48 hours?!)
Well, the DL speed was slower than below.
=============
The results for the G4
Connection is:: 3115 Kbps about 3.1 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)
Download Speed is:: 380 kB/s

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 65.13 % of your hosts average
(comcast.net)
=============

The Results for the XP
Connection is:: 6407 Kbps about 6.4 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)
Download Speed is:: 782 kB/s
Test Time:: Sat Feb 25 2006 13:41:05 GMT-0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 33.95 % faster than the average for host
(comcast.net)

Well, there is a problem and it doubt it is with the IPv6 Config
(thanks, though).
Something really sucks though! (Yes, I've tried many tests, both
machines at various sites - - - Same, Same.

Michael