[G4] MT mystery

Dan A Currie dancurr at frontiernet.net
Thu Jan 5 14:56:33 PST 2006

Hello,

My daughters, my old G3 / 500 MHz, MT Server OS 9.2.2, 18GB HD, 3GB HD,
CD-ROM and ZIP drives, has begun acting strangely.  Yesterday I inserted
a CD and it did not show up on the desktop, I manually ejected it
inserted a number of different disks with no joy.  I then noticed that
the additional HD icons for the 3GB HD were no longer on the desk top.
I restarted and the monitor went black.  Swapped monitors and it worked,
swapped monitors and original worked, HD icons back read disk,
restarted, did not read disks and 3GB HD icons gone again!!  Took out
everything except 18GB HD and still no joy.

Oh! wo is me , my life and this lovely Mac are a mystery!!

Suggestions and wild ass ideas welcome.  BTW, I have the tech manual,
but it does not say in which order to put the devices back in.

Dan