[G4] G4 start up problems

Larry Parsons hi8vidcam at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 7 08:58:26 PST 2006

I have a gigabit internet 450DP G4 that will not start up.  Powersupply has
been replaced (new from Apple) as well as the motherboard (used from ebay).
I cannot power up from the button on the front of the case but when I push
the power button on the (old) keyboard the powersupply fan comes on.  There
are no other signs of life.  I unplugged the power and pushed the reset
button next to the pram battery, waited a few seconds then plugged in the
power and tried to start up.  Still nothing.  Am I missing anything?  Would
replacing the pram battery do any good?
Larry