[G4] G4 startup problems

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 9 12:45:10 PST 2006

read this article it might be helpful

http://www.smalldog.com/newsarchive/techtails_display.php?id=44

excerpt from above link....
.....Unfortunately, the boards are not all alike. The PCI,
AGP, and Gigabit models all have different front panel boards, so
they need
to be exchanged like-for-like. DO NOT put the front panel board from a
Gigabit G4 into a PCI or AGP G4, or vice versa. You run the risk of
damaging
your machine. Gigabit G4s and the new line (digital audio) are the
same.......

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM, ultra ATA w/ 2x160 GB Drives