[G4] Flatliner MDD

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Jan 27 15:18:36 PST 2006

On 17 Jan, 2006, at 8:37, Maj. Richard H. Blount (OHMR Ret.) wrote:

Is it a mistake to have two optical drives in this unit? When I got
the Superdrive, I just put the original CD/RW in the bottom bay. Just
don't know how to access it yet.

It just very well could be if you haven't set the identification
jumpers correctly. One has to be the "Master" and the other the
"Slave" or you might get identification conflicts that prevent you
from booting.

It doesn't matter which drive you install the OS software on, as long
as you designate that drive as the "Start-up" drive using the start-
up drive preference in OS-X or the start-up drive control panel in OS-9.

One thing I haven't read in your postings is whether or not you have
installed OS-9 and done a firmware update. Part of your problems may
originate with the version of firmware you have installed.