[G4] Flatliner MDD

Richard H. Blount majorrich at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 17 16:03:40 PST 2006

On 1/27/06 18:18, "Ronald Steinke" <ronsteinke at mac.com> wrote:

> On 17 Jan, 2006, at 8:37, Maj. Richard H. Blount (OHMR Ret.) wrote:
>
> Is it a mistake to have two optical drives in this unit? When I got
> the Superdrive, I just put the original CD/RW in the bottom bay. Just
> don't know how to access it yet.
>
> It just very well could be if you haven't set the identification
> jumpers correctly. One has to be the "Master" and the other the
> "Slave" or you might get identification conflicts that prevent you
> from booting.
>
> It doesn't matter which drive you install the OS software on, as long
> as you designate that drive as the "Start-up" drive using the start-
> up drive preference in OS-X or the start-up drive control panel in OS-9.
>
> One thing I haven't read in your postings is whether or not you have
> installed OS-9 and done a firmware update. Part of your problems may
> originate with the version of firmware you have installed.

I didn't put os9 on the machine as it wouldn't boot with that disk. I went
to the Apple site and maybe was looking in the wrong place for firmware, but
I couldn't find any.

I must have really gone and done it now.. It wont boot to the CD when I hold
down the C button. I kind of will if I hold down the option button.

Rich
It is not enough to aim, You must hit.