[G4] how can I upgrade my G4 450mhz up to 1.0 ghz?

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 18 12:51:40 PST 2006

On 18-01-2006 19:34, Philip J Robar, pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org,
wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2006, at 10:41 AM, marco santos wrote:
>
>> how can I upgrade my G4 450mhz up to 1.0 ghz?
>
> See www.xlr8yourmac.com and www.barefeats.com (particularly the
> former) for site and user reviews.
>
> I don't think that you can really go wrong with any of the
> accelerators avaliable for you machine; although I am suspicious of
> the performance vs. value ratio of the higher clock speed upgrades
> that have come out recently that don't have a level 3 cache.

IMHO: Nowadays a sawtooth is not worth spending any money. Safe that money
and look for at least a DA or maybe better a QS. You probably may find a DA
or QS for nearly the same amount as an upgrade for the sawtooth will cost.
Save then some cash for an upgrade of these (easier to find and mostly even
cheaper as the sawtooth upgrade). OK, may cost 2 more weeks to find but you
will end with a "better" Mac at a more econ.-responsible price.
Just my 2 €-cents meaning and experience,

Jo Hissel