[G4] Voodo5 On a B&W G4/500 Sonnet

Glen McKnight glen.mcknight at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 26 18:12:53 PST 2006

On 26 Jan 2006, at 18:04, Jerry wrote:

Hey Group,
I have a PCI Voodo 5 256meg and i can't get it to work with Tiger can
anyone Tell me where to get the Drivers for it.

Hello Jerry

Open the terminal And type 'sudo nvram boot-args=romndrv=1' then hit
enter.
It will then ask you for your password.
After that reboot and your voodoo5 will come to life.

If your start your machine with another system X, and then go back it
will have defaulted to a black n white 640 x 480 and you will have to
type it back in again, I have the line of text in an .rtf file, to
copy and then paste into terminal (I am too lazy to learn it).

Have Fun

Glen