[G4] QS 733 proc in DA 466

Sam kahuna2 at fast.net
Sat Jan 28 16:21:10 PST 2006

Been searching the archives and XLR8YOURMAC.com forums but I can't quite
find the answer:

I have a PowerMac G4/466 Digital Audio in which I'd like to place a G4/733
proc card from (at least I'm about 90% sure) a Quicksilver G4/733. (I mean,
it's definitely from a G4, just wasn't positive whether it was a DA or a QS,
but 90% sure the latter.) The card is physically larger, with a bigger
heatsink and a lot more caps/coils/circuitry on one end.

Anyway, I popped it in and got no chime. Popped the original back in and it
boots just fine. What am I missing? I saw something in my research that
talked about applying a 12v power supply lead to the extra screw hole on the
733 proc card, but I'd rather have explicit reasoning and instruction before
doing anything like that.

Thanks -
Sam