[G4] Help! G4 keeps crashing-don't know why?

joshua hough soyjourner at mac.com
Mon Jan 30 13:17:44 PST 2006

My dual 1.25 MDD is also a daily crasher and I've tried EVERYTHING -- except the Chess trick.  So I'll try that.  It has the original processors, not an upgrade.  Possibly they're overheating, although I don't know how to find out.  Overheating seems more likely now that it has four hard drives and several PCI cards installed.  How about defective IDE cables?

But the real reason for this reply is that I too have had a Mitsubishi DP 2040u, for exactly three years.   After two years it started doing a very loud degauss every time I power it up via the front power switch.  Sounds like plucking a string on an acoustic bass guitar.  And the image is badly distorted for a few seconds.  The severity is increasing gradually over time.  What does yours do when you power it on?
-Josh