[G4] g4 running os9 on pc named network

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jul 1 00:31:12 PDT 2006

On 1/7/2006 3:27 PM, "cerebus DaPope" <cerebusdapope at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ok  got my g4 da up and running
> but i need to get this onto my pc network, how do i do
> this?

Firstly, I cannot help with anything to do with OS 9 sorry, it is a bit too
ancient history, a horrible old OS that I wouldn't wish on anyone. It has
many problems including the fact that virtually all software now available
requires a minimum of OS 10.3.9  OS 9 users are in this bubble that is
slowly getting more isolated. I know, my wife is one of them, but she clings
to to the past, and thinks that her computing hassles are normal. They are
not.

If you have a G4 then why are you not going for OS X? You will find that
EVERYTHING including networking is easier. I have a LAN with a PC on it,
works fine.

Go for OS X. You don't have to have the latest, 10.3.x is fine if that's
easier to get hold of and it is easy to upgrade to !0.3.9. 10.4.x has the
advantage of the internal search function called Spotlight.

Who knows, with OS X you may even re-discover joy in computing. And have
everything that Windows Vista is promising, but have it now.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art