[G4] Word Processor for G4 running OS X

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Jul 2 19:28:26 PDT 2006

On Jul 2, 2006, at 9:03 PM, Philip J Robar wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2006, at 3:31 PM, ProbaleCause at aol.com wrote:
>
>> I have been using ClarisWorks even after upgrading to OS 10.3.9. I
>> am thinking about going to a G5 and I was wondering what is the
>> word processor of choice. I know Microsoft Word is out there and
>> Nicus as well, but what is the optimum one?
>
> Optimum for what? In other words what are your needs? Books, legal
> docs., academic, etc.? I don't remember what 10.3.9 is like, but
> textedit in 10.4.x has a surprising number of features.
>

> Phil

  I'm with Phil here. Claris  works is Appleworks, which though
somewhat old runs on my machines.
So just use Appleworks. When someone sends a Microsoft Word thing
that you can't see , use NEoOffice.
Abd as Phil says, TExtedit is  extremely useful.
Appleworks will work on a G5 . It's on mine right now.
Jim