[G4] Word Processor for G4 running OS X

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Mon Jul 3 06:07:08 PDT 2006

On my G5, I run Office 2004 and of course Word.  I also have Pages
which is part of iWork and Mellel.  On this MacBook, Office runs like
a cow in mud so I looked for Universals.  To my surprise Mellel and
Pages are both Universal and I use either one or the other on it.
Actually Mellel has more options than Pages although Pages has some
features that can't be overlooked either.
So, to make a long email short, Pages and Mellel are both less than
$100 and work very well.  Too bad you don't subscribe to MacAddict as
they reviewed 12 alternatives to Word and rated them all and included
pricing information.

Tim
On Jul 2, 2006, at 6:31 PM, ProbaleCause at aol.com wrote:

> I have been using ClarisWorks even after upgrading to OS 10.3.9. I
> am thinking about going to a G5 and I was wondering what is the
> word processor of choice. I know Microsoft Word is out there and
> Nicus as well, but what is the optimum one?
>
> Bailey

> stuff:

Tim Collier