[G4] Graphics card upgrade to run 20" cinema?

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:40:50 PDT 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 12:19 PM, JayB wrote:

> This is the Dell 2007WFP 20". It has DVI & VGA. I have it connected
> with DVI as I have an Apple factory installed DVI  PCI card.

You're sure it's a PCI card? You said you have two cards installed.
If you check I think that you'll see that only the AGP card has DVI
and that's the card you're using for the Dell monitor.

> The highest rez available in the monitor pref (or control panel in
> OS9) is 1280x1024. The "optimal" rez on the monitor is 1680x1050.

The 1280x1024 limit is consistent with what I saw at the Eizo
(formerly Nano if I remember correctly) site: http://www.eizo.com/
support/compatibility/lcd/06.asp

> Will I get the rez using the VGA connection (I have both on my
> computer)?

This is what others on the net have said. Make sure you use the
native refresh rate for this monitor when using the VGA connector or
the display will not be optimal. The monitor's manual should have
this information this.

Phil