[G4] Graphics card upgrade to run 20" cinema?

Richard Klein rich at richardklein.org
Mon Jul 10 13:25:28 PDT 2006

<quote who="JayB">
> Phil-
>
> This is the Dell 2007WFP 20".  It has DVI & VGA.  I have it connected
> with DVI as I have an Apple factory installed DVI  PCI card.
> The highest rez available in the monitor pref (or control panel in
> OS9) is 1280x1024.  The "optimal" rez on the monitor is 1680x1050.
>
> Will I get the rez using the VGA connection (I have both on my
> computer)?
>
> ~Jay

Here's the specs on that monitor, for those who are playing at home:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2007WFP/en/about.htm#Specifications

Incidentally, I forgot to mention in my previous email that I'm running
1600x1200 in OSX Tiger (10.4.5, I think); I don't even have OS 9 on the
hard drive or on disc.

-- Rich