[G4] Help with formatting 250gig drive

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 11 15:33:34 PDT 2006

On 11-07-2006 23:14, Alaric Worrod, alaric at worrod.com, wrote:

> This is my first attempt on G4 although I have been following you for a
> couple of months now. I am new to MAC and have a G4 400 to which I have
> added a 250gig drive as part of an upgrade to a multitrack recorder.
> It installed and formatted with no problems, but....... the system sees it
> as a 130gig drive, is this a similar problem to the Windows based machine
> and what software/information do I need to sort out the partition problem.
> Thanks for all your other useful information

Your G4 {just as all G4's up to the 2nd series QS (2002)} only can "see" a
hd, connected to the mobo, as 128<->130 GB.
So to take advantage of your 250 GB you have either to put in a
PCI-IDE/ATA-card and connect your 250 to this card or take the 250 out of
your case and get an ext. FW-case (very cheap now) to put the 250 in.
In your case a PCI-card will be more of use (I believe).
HTH,

Jo Hissel