[G4] Help with formatting 250gig drive

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Tue Jul 11 15:54:47 PDT 2006

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Another alternative is to obtain a copy of "ATA Hi-Cap Support Driver"
from:
http://www.speedtools.com/ATA6.shtml
However be sure to read and understand the limitations.

On Jul 11, 2006, at 3:33 PM, J.M.P.Hissel wrote:

> On 11-07-2006 23:14, Alaric Worrod, alaric at worrod.com, wrote:
>
>> This is my first attempt on G4 although I have been following you for
>> couple of months now. I am new to MAC and have a G4 400 to which I
>> have
>> added a 250gig drive as part of an upgrade to a multitrack recorder.
>> It installed and formatted with no problems, but....... the system
>> sees it
>> as a 130gig drive, is this a similar problem to the Windows based
>> machine
>> and what software/information do I need to sort out the partition
>> problem.
>> Thanks for all your other useful information
>
> Your G4 {just as all G4's up to the 2nd series QS (2002)} only can
> "see" a
> hd, connected to the mobo, as 128<->130 GB.
> So to take advantage of your 250 GB you have either to put in a
> PCI-IDE/ATA-card and connect your 250 to this card or take the 250 out
> of
> your case and get an ext. FW-case (very cheap now) to put the 250 in.
> In your case a PCI-card will be more of use (I believe).
> HTH,
>
> Jo Hissel

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC