[G4] 10.4.7 and USB 2.0

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg at mac.com
Sun Jul 16 20:50:27 PDT 2006

I wonder if anyone else has had problems and knows a fix for sleep
problems related to the 10.4.7 update when you have a PCI USB 2.0
card and hub installed. On the Apple forums lots of folks seem to be
having issues with the same setups. I think most of us with older
G4's got the USB cards because Apple changed the connection on the
newer iPods from Firewire to USB 2. (That's pretty annoying too but
another issue.) I can't put the computer to sleep with the hub
attached (it's a brand new Belkin powered 6 plug hub). If I do the
computer wakes but it's totally frozen and needs to be restarted
hard. It worked fine before I updated to 10.4.7 a couple of weeks
ago. I did do the combo update. I have a 350 Sawtooth which I know is
an antique but I love it. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Greg C.