[G4] Can IMS Twin Turbo 128 PCI video card be used in a G4 running OSX?

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 14:52:07 PDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 1:17 PM, J C wrote:

> Can IMS Twin Turbo 128 PCI video card be used in a G4
> running OSX to operate a second monitor? If not, what
> is least expensive card that would?

They stopped working in 10.3. (I just tested a couple to be sure that
they hadn't started working again in 10.4.)

You should be able to find a Rage 128 for next to nothing with a
little Web/Ebay searching. Other options are the ATI Radeon 7000 or
9200 - making sure you're getting the PCI Mac version.

Phil