[G4] Quicktime 7.1.1 back to 6.5.2

Carol java_j at macosx.com
Wed Jul 19 20:30:27 PDT 2006

I have Quicktime 7.1.1 installed on my G4 (10.3.9) and I want to go back
to version 6.5.2

I found the apple support page with some re-installers.

http://www.apple.com/support/quicktime/

It seems that the QT 6.5.2 reinstaller will reinstall QT 6.5.2 from
version 7.0.1.  The QT 7.0.1 reinstaller will reinstall QT 1.0.1 from 7.0.4.

Any thoughts on how to get QT version 6.5.2 back from QT 7.1.1?

This all came about because I am having trouble with extracted audio in
iMovie 4.0.1.  Frequently, I hear pops between the clips when the audio
is extracted.  The pops are not present before the audio is extracted.

My thought is that since iMovie 4.0.1 and OS 10.3.9 are not current, one
or both may be happier with an earlier version of QT.
---
Carol