[G4] Rebuilding desktop?

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Sat Jul 22 06:11:22 PDT 2006

Rebuilding the desktop is a procedure from the Classic Mac OS days
and does not apply to Mac OS X, which I presume you're using since
there are no versions of VLC for OS 9.  However, since the process
was used to refresh associations between files and their parent
programs, you can achieve the same using the freeware app
"Onyx" (http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english.html) to "Reset links
between documents and applications" under the "Automation" tab.

Tony