[G4] Rebuilding desktop?

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 22 09:00:31 PDT 2006

On 22-07-2006 03:44, mgilman, awdeonut at optonline.net, wrote:

Things have been been pretty weird since downloading VLC to watch dvds as
told to do so by people on this list. I use Digidesign Pro Tools and
Propellerheads Reason to record music but have needed to reinstall both and
still after running all my diagnostics and optimizing I still have a problem
that my firewire EZQuest drive is suddenly an "invalid audio record volume"
or something to that effect. I want to try rebuilding the desktop but I need
to know which are the right keys to press on startup?

Don't know of a shortcut to do this under OS X.
Did you repair permissions??
Do this first! And do it from your boot-disk AND NOT from another HD or
install-disk!!

Rebuilding desktop under OS 9 and below: Press and hold Cmd + Alt/Opt during
start-up till discussion-window appears.

Jo Hissel