[G4] Off topic install of OS9

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Mon Jun 12 02:46:03 PDT 2006

I must add my $.02 worth here, it's been gnawing at me for a bit.
Please wait patiently for this short rant to be delivered.

I, too, regard the current display of ignorance or rebellion by many
(young?) people as a severe sign of disrespect to the majority of
elder citizens in our country.

I was taught to regard my national language as something that would
allow me to progress and develop my intelligence. I find the current
trend of sloppiness and carelessness in language and grammar to be
almost unacceptable in ordinary circumstances.

I say "almost" because I will not tilt at windmills attempting to
correct those who offend. I have found that most offenders adamantly
refuse to acknowledge their ignorance or to make any effort to
improve their poor conduct whether it be in simple speech or in
written dialogue. Witness the overworked use of "Like" and "I went"
in conversations today when it is intended to mean "as though" and "I
said".

I find it difficult to accept ignorance combined with apathy from any
source. I can accept ignorance for an excuse, but I also expect that
it would be corrected in a timely manner through education and effort.

If I had presented my statements in the forms that are commonly being
used today, I would have been chastised and prevented from moving up
to the next grade in school.

!!!!!End of rant, many thanks for this opportunity to vent.!!!!!