[G4] Problems powering up?

Brad Russell braddrussell at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 08:27:54 PDT 2006

First I should thank everyone who responded to my question about hard drive cache and size of the drive.  I decided for now to just format the 160 at 128 and have it be the primary drive.

Since I've added the new drive I have had trouble getting the computer to power up all the way.  I get a start up chime but then it just sits there -- no mouse, no video, etc.  After some searching I guessed that the battery was going.  So I replaced that and the computer started right up.  Since then it has locked once and not started up without reseting the PMU and any time that I have tried to use the scheduled start up I have the same problem.  If I reset the PMU and wait a few minutes it seems to start fine.  Before adding the hard drive it never gave us any issues.  Anybody have any suggestions?  I should also note that it is a DP450 with 2gb ram running the latest version of Tiger.

Thanks!

Brad

http://mail.yahoo.com