[G4] Re: Computer thinks hard disk is full

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Jun 17 16:26:21 PDT 2006

On 06/13/06,  Fred Levine <flevine at comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I went combing for culprits and found
> this anomaly: In the Library folder; logs; console; 501, there was a file
> that was 60 GB. I trashed it before writing down the name and I have no idea
> what console or 501 is. In any case, the computer seems happy now.

Console is a utility application inside /Applications/Utilities/ that reads log
files generated by the OS. 501 is user ID number for the original user.Thus,
/Library/Logs/Console/501/ contains the log files generated by OS and writen to
the console.log. Launch the Console.app->Help and read the many topics.