[G4] Caches

Jones Earle earle.jones at comcast.net
Tue Mar 7 13:54:09 PST 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 4:30 AM, Dan A Currie wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am running Tiger on my MDD dualie and want to do some housework.
>
> Which caches do I throw away entirely so a new folder will be
> created ... and which do I empty leaving the folder behind to be
> filled again?
>
> TIA
>
> Dan Currie

*
Dan:  Under Tiger, you can run 'Cocktail' or 'Onyx', which will do
all of that for you.  I use 'Cocktail' which goes through its routine
every night -- cleaning caches, etc.  You can set exactly which tasks
are run:  'clean caches', 'run cron scripts', 'delete all rotated log
files', 'repair disk permissions', etc.

These are free or cheapo shareware programs.

    http://www.macosxcocktail.com

Go to 'Version Tracker' for reviews of these programs.

Good luck!