[G4] saving iPhoto library

Alex Hurst corkflor at iol.ie
Tue Mar 7 17:23:08 PST 2006

Lisa wrote:

>I will be doing a completely clean reinstall of OS4 as well as a
>complete sweep of my LaCie external.  How can I save iPhoto library
>(and organization if poss) in a way that would not transfer anything
>corrupt when I reinstall it?

1) What's OS4? Do you mean Tiger 10.4 something? Personally I'd stick
with Panther 10.3.9 - much more solid.
2) You already have an external La Cie HD (as I do) - save everything
there before re-installing and don't throw anything away - yet.Then
experiment - just load programs one by one and test them. iPhoto from
my experience as a hobby photographer is pretty forgiving, but
upgrade to a copy of iLife '06 even tho' it costs money - simply to
get the latest iPhoto 6 version.
3) You are (IMHO) asking impossible questions because you are
panicking. The old saying (if you'll forgive my French) is RTFM. In
other words, whatever Mac system you're installing, get a good book
on the subject and look in the index when you're stuck. 99% of the
time it works for me.... :-)

Best

Alex
--