[G4] Documents cant be changed.

Hector I. Macedo hecmac at comcast.net
Wed Mar 8 10:07:59 PST 2006

I am using 10.4.5 andsuddenly my "Documents" folder has become "Read
Only", I have no idea how this happened, but now when I try to modify
a folder or a document I receive a warning :

The item"xxxx" can not be moved because Documents cant be modified.
and it gives me a button to "Authenticate. and its a whole
ringamarole everytime I need to access any of the files on Documents.

I have tried to change ownership but it does not give me opportunityo
change the "Read Only" feature since that its grayed out.

What can I do to change that?

Thanks

Hector