[G4] Firmware and BootROM

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Wed Mar 8 19:44:08 PST 2006

At 12:48 AM +0000 3/9/06, nagable at comcast.net wrote:
>The info on Other World Computing website says that I need to boot
>into OS 9.2 to do the firmware update.  My Quicksilver model will
>not boot into Classic.

Sure, you do not boot into Classic.  Classic is emulated within OS X
***I think.***  You can boot into OS 9.2 from the installation disk,
however.

>My System Profiler gives the BootROM info as version 4.3.3f2.

My Quicksilver 2002 is also, and, as I recall, that is the latest
version.  I am running with an OWC Mercury single processor upgrade,
1.3 GHz, as I recall.

>  Is this the same as the firmware number

I believe it is.  However, once I read that one had to boot into OS
9.x to see the firmware number.  My belief is that if you are in
Boot ROM Version:	4.3.3f2, you are OK.

>, or is it something different, and if it is different, how do I
>find out what firmware version is on my computer?

--Steve