[G4] Epson 870 Photo Stylus. Is it obsolete?

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 17 00:22:07 PST 2006

On 17/3/2006 6:42 PM, "William Duquet" <skygram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. It hadn't occurred to me. In Canada I
> usually feel that as soon as your warranty expires, when you call a
> computer company, their first question is the number of your credit
> card.
>
> But I will give it a shot.
>
> BTW, the old 1200 was a great printer! I had one a long time ago. Was
> it 1995 or '96?
>
> Something broke on it when I was moving. I had no choice but to get
> another. I bought a fair to middlin HP that lasted two years and then
> gave up the ghost.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
> Montreal

Bill, I hope Epson Canada is as helpful as Epson Australia.

The 1200 I think is about 1999 but could be earlier, I bought it from a
church that need to go high tech so I can't be certain. I find it is a
wonderfully useful printer, although I would prefer a newer one with better
ink, but I am a poor artist, shelling out a couple of grand for a printer is
not possible, simple as that.

I have huge respect for Epson compared to other manufacturers. The proof is
in us still using machines that make the dinosaurs look like a recent
phenomenon.

BTW your Epson 870 is on the Epson Australia web site along with consumables
which means they still actively support it.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art