[G4] Epson 870 Photo Stylus. Is it obsolete?

William Duquet skygram at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 00:51:57 PST 2006

Hi Tony,

Thanks again. I am glad to know that Epson Australia are still
supporting the 870. I hadn't thought to look at their Canadian web
site.

The inks on the 870 are roughly good for 10 years. Some of their newer
machines the inks are reportedly good for over 100 years. I must admit
I would like to have this option in that I hate seeing my photos fade
away.

The 870 cost me $400.00 Canadian dollars. However the newer ones with
the long lasting inks can be found for under $200.00 Australian
dollars. Their only limitation is the size of the prints they produce.
They max out at about 8x10.

The larger format printers are pretty cool with 11x14 plus and can be
found for slightly under a grand.

Are you looking for massive size prints in your art?

I am actually looking for a way to produce mural sized prints that
wouldn't be too expensive to put together.

Now we are stuck using professonal printing companies and they can be
damned expensive.

Just curious.

Bill
Montreal