[G4] Pioneer 111D

Davis Gaffga dgaffga at optonline.net
Wed Mar 22 10:23:57 PST 2006

I would like to add a DVD R/W drive to my QuickSilver 733 MHz PowerPC
G4. I am running OSX 10.3.9 with 1.25 GB SDRAM. I am thinking of
replacing the internal CD drive which came with the machine and
replacing it with the Pioneer 111DVD±R DVD Burner. Is this the right
thing to do? Will it work with what I now have? Will my system
recognize it? Is there something else I may have to do or purchase? Is
there a better way?

The reason I am asking these questions is that I did purchase a Fantom
DVD RW and it rarely works! It burns DVDs okay but has problems reading
them after it burns them (I keep getting Disk Error messages when it
tries to read even though I can take the DVD to other machines and have
no problems). I have returned the unit to Fantom and their tech dept.
claims they can find nothing wrong even though the problem still
exists. I am about to throw the Fantom unit out!!

Any advice will be most appreciated.
   Davis..

davis a. gaffga • photographer
7 koral drive