[G4] Sonnet Duet 1.8GHz

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Wed Mar 22 20:49:09 PST 2006

On Mar 22, 2006, at 8:20 PM, nagable at comcast.net wrote:

> I got the firmware upgraded, installed the processor (Sonnet Duet
> 1.8GHz), and the computer (QuickSilver 2002, 800MHz originally,
> 1Gig RAM) starts off like a shot. Runs really fast for about 5
> minutes, then freezes. I think it's overheating. The heat sink has
> dual fans mounted on it, but there's no place to plug them in. I
> had a similar overheating problem with a Snow iMac a few years back.

I took a look at the manual. It's not clear from the pictures, but it
looks like the CPU Fans are wired to the CPU board - yes? Did you
remember to hook the case fan back up? You should be able to run the
system with the case open long enough to see if all the fans are
running without hurting anything.

Phil Robar
--
"The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live and
fear breeds repression. Too often, sinister threats to the Bill of